The Carten100 was my challenge for May 2015 a simple cycle ride…… Well ok not so simple! It started from Cardiff City in South Wales and made its 100 mile route to the popular welsh tourist town in west Wales Tenby. Aimed to be completed in 10 hours and in total it took me 13 hours a time I was very happy with.
It was a massive challenge
For anyone able bodied or not the carten100 is a challenge but for me I completed it on a handcycle.
I was joined by my amazing team of support riders and with my support vehicle. However in a nut shell I completed this using only my arms to go the distance and driven by determination and motivated by my close friends…..
Why did I choose to do the Carten100? Well that is the easy part I have raised a lot of money for many good causes in the past. This one was no different and the charity of choice was the Velindre Cancer Centre
This is not just any charity! It is the centre where my own farther is currently being treated for terminal cancer he was first diagnosed with Leukaemia and then shortly after lung cancer a few years ago. His treatment is not only very important but the care they give is essential to my dads needs. They offer him and my mother the support and assistance they need and they are like many others. We would be lost without this centre to care for people in the way they do. For many people this centre is a place of hope and that can not have a price or value it is just priceless.
The centre needs and rely’s on many fund sources to keep its doors open to the 1000’s of people that visit it every day. It is no secret that they say that everyone in the world will know someone who has had cancer. An illness that takes no considerations. The work this centre does on a day to day bases, the staff that work there giving individual care based upon individual needs young and old people like my farther is very important and life saving..
- I Completed this challenge in the memory of Simon ash who lost his battle to cancer.
- I Completed this challenge in the memory of Mrs Hole who lost her battle to cancer.
- I Completed this challenge in the memory of my grandmother who lost her battle to cancer.
- I Completed this challenge in honour of Mr Pardoe who beat his battle against cancer.
- I Completed this challenge in honour of My Mother who beat her battle against cancer.
- I Completed this challenge in honour of My Farther who fighting his battle against cancer.