Join Julie the Stitch at her studio for an introduction to using a sewing machine – learn by making a useful lined tote bag. Suitable for complete beginners.
Beverages and biscuits provided.
Adults only for this event sorry. The workshop will be repeated in the future for accompanied children.
Tote Bag Workshop
Type Machine Sewing
Skill Level Beginner
Length 3 hours
Materials provided Pattern, main fabric and lining fabric, interfacing, thread, printed instructions. Equipment to use during class – sewing machine, pins, chalk, scissors, iron & board
Student to provide No additional items required, but students may bring their own sewing machine if they wish and extra haberdashery supplies can be purchased to keep
Design Tote bag with box-style base, lined with plain fabric. The pattern has been created by Julie herself to enable you to practice a few of the most common techniques used in making soft furnishings and clothing
What you’ll learn
- Basic fabric types/construction and how to choose a fabric for your project
- Preparing the fabric and pattern
- How to correctly place the pattern on the fabric and cut accurately
- Operating sewing machine safely
- Threading your sewing machine
- Straight stitch, adjusting stitch length
- Foot control, guiding fabric and reverse
- Sewing seams
Bookings are closed for this event.