Disability emojis added. Guide dog and wheelchair user is now available.
here are just two of the many new emojis introduced. The idea is to better represent disabled people in the world of emojis.
All sounds fair enough to me, and it is world emoji day so again very fitting story. recently covered by the BBC I did find the new releases rather cool and had to spread the word.
And here is a list.
- A guide dog
- A man and woman walking with a cane
- A man and woman signing that they are deaf
- An ear with a hearing aid
- A man and woman in both mechanical and manual wheelchairs
- A service dog (a trained dog that helps those with hidden disabilities)
- A prosthetic arm
- A prosthetic leg
- Skin tone variations for ‘holding hands’ emoji
- Yawning face
- Animals: Sloth, skunk, flamingo
- Food: Garlic, waffle, falafel, butter, ice cube
- Objects: Parachute, yo-yo, kite
- Clothing: Safety vest, swimsuit